Paternity Issues for Women

Paternity Issues for Mothers

Paternity for Mothers: Mothers of children born out of wedlock have all the rights to the child until the father goes to Court and makes a request those rights. Florida Statute 744.301 states the mother of a child born out of wedlock is the natural guardian of the child and is entitled to primary residential care and custody of the child unless the court enters an order stating otherwise. As the mother of a child born out of wedlock you can pack your bag and move to Alaska, or any other place you desire, unless the father has filed that action in Court. You are not required to let the child spend time with the father, and if the child is in his possession you can request a pick-up order and have the child returned. In addition, paternity can be established and child support awarded without the adjudication of rights to the father. We see this all the time in with Department of Revenue cases. The Department, on your behalf, seeks child support from the father. This is usually done on your request or because you sought some type of assistance which requires the state to go after the father for support. The establishment of support can be done without intervention of the Department by serving on the father a petition requesting the establishment of support. However, in most case, once that happens the father responds with a petition to establish his rights to time-sharing and parental responsibility

Trust an Experienced Family Law Attorney to Handle Your Paternity and Child Custody Case.

Florida Law on paternity/custody is not easy and has difficult rules and procedures. Do not do it alone. I always offer a free consultation. There is no better way than sitting down face-to-face with me to learn what your rights are and to get what you deserve. If you are reading this I am sure you know someone, a friend or family member, that has a horror story regarding their own experience. That is why you should always consult an attorney that practices Divorces and Family Law and nothing else. Someone like me. I do not practice criminal law or elder law, or many other types of law. I am Florida Divorce and Family Law attorney that understands the laws completely, because I handle family law matters on a regular basis. I will always listen compassionately and attentively to your needs and concerns and provide you with the best advice for your particular case.